Welcome to Webmasterz, the blog for wannabe webmasters to learn the trick of the trade and know all that it takes to be successful

TechMein - Live India Tech blogs ticker

Saturday, May 27, 2006

HTML ,CSS and PHP

The first website I made was during my middle school vactions. I had learnt HTML only then , and the webpage was simply about who I am and what I do. I kept thinking that hundreds and thousands of people should have seen my page and would have drooled over its looks. All that was my own fantasy, as I now know how difficult it is to get it indexed, let only move up the search rankings.

But, seriously speaking, I feel my ability to customize my website the way I want it to be and the way I want it to work was simply because of learning an additional PHP and CSS. That besides I learnt a bit my MySql later on. All this combines to give you the power to make your dream website.

While HTML is just an elementary start to a website, CSS helps you to make the website more lookable,which otherwise using a HTML code only will only make a page of content stuffed into rectanglar rows and columns.

I majorly use PHP for easing out the way for inter-linking the pages. Basically, instead of editing all your webpages to insert the new links each time you add pages, I use PHP to use SQL code to insert the hyperlinks and anchor texts in my database and then dynamically retrieve all the links one by one and print them. This way, each time I make a new page, I only insert the URL and anchor text in my database, and the link automatically appears on all my webpages.

This is the power coding gives to your websites. This apart, you can also learn things like ASP, CGI etc. After all learning always enriches you.

 
Paid to blog Earn money from blogs Carpentry Jobs